Technical swim suits are a very specialized piece of equipment. Review our frequently asked questions for tips and tricks to get the most out of your suit.
What size of suit should I buy?
- Technical swimsuits are very different than practice suits. They are worn much tighter. In general, swimmers can go down one or two sizes when wearing a tech suit. We highly recommend you consult the brand specific size guide link and fitting tips available on the product order pages of each suit, before purchasing.
- We also recommend you re-measure each time you purchase a new suit.
- If the measurements from different parts of your body indicate you are in between sizes, it is best to take the size that corresponds with the hip measurement.
- If you're having trouble choosing a size (its common to have body measurements fit into more than one size) contact us at email@example.com to help.
What level should I be swimming at in order to use a tech suit?
- That decision is generally up to you, but our opinion is that tech suits should be worn by swimmers competing at the higher level meets that require qualifying standards to attend. If you are still learning and in the developmental stages of your strokes, then we do not recommend a technical suit.
How do I wash my suit?
- Do not use soap or detergent. Instead, rinse the chlorine, or pool water off with cold water, then wrap it in a towel to dry. Harsh cleaning chemicals will shorten the life of your suit.
Can I wear my technical suit in practice?
- We do not recommend this. Technical suits should be reserved for races only, and ones where you are trying to get a personal best at that.
How long will my suit last?
- Due to the specialized material used in these swimsuits, and because of how tight they are worn, tech suits don't last as long as we would like. A lot depends on how you care for your suit but in general, they last for eight to ten meets. So treat your suit nicely! Also, if you buy a new technical suit, we recommend you don't throw out your old one. As long as it doesn't have any holes in it then you can wear it during prelims and keep your new suit for finals.
Are your suits allowable in international competitions?
- Yes. We only sell FINA approved technical swim suits. Our training suits, are not FINA approved but can be worn in all Canadian sanctioned competitions.